Anchorage capacity of one welded transverse bar following the EN Eurocode recommendation, Fbtd
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 8.6 (2)
The recommended value for the anchorage capacity of one welded transverse bar (diameter 14 mm - 32 mm) is:
|Fbtd = ltd Φt σtd ≤ Fwd||(8.8N)|
- is the diameter of transverse bar
- is the concrete stress; σtd = (fctd + σcm)/y ≤ 3fcd
- the design compressive strength of concrete, see § 3.1.6 (1)P
- the design tensile strength of concrete, see § 3.1.6 (2)P
- the compression in the concrete perpendicular to both bars (mean value, positive for compression)
- is a function: y = 0,015 + 0,14⋅e(-0,18x)
where x = 2(c/Φt + 1)
c is the concrete cover perpendicular to both bars.
- is the design length of transverse bar: ltd = 1,16Φt(fyd/σtd)0,5 ≤ lt
- the design yield strength of transverse bar, fyd = fyk/γS
see § 184.108.40.206 (1), § 220.127.116.11 (2) for the values of γS,
see § 3.2.2 (3)P for the uper limit of fyk,
see Figure 3.8 for the design stress-strain diagrams of reinforcement steel
- the length of transverse bar, but not more than the spacing of bars to be anchored.
- is the design shear strength of weld, Fwd = kwAs,lfyd,l
- a factor, for example kw = 0,5
- the cross-section of the anchored bar
- the design yield strength of the anchored bar.
This application calculates the anchorage capacity Fbtd from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.