Beams: the ratio of shear reinforcement ρw
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 9.2.2 (5)
The ratio of shear reinforcement is:
|ρw = Asw / (s⋅bw⋅sinα)||(9.4)|
- is the shear reinforcement ratio,
ρw should not be less than the minimum value ρw,min, see § 9.2.2 (5) or the application ρw,min following the EN Eurocode recommendation
- is the spacing of the shear reinforcement measured along the longitudinal axis of the member
- is the area of shear reinforcement within length s
- is the breadth of the web of the member
- is the angle between shear reinforcement and the longitudinal axis (between 45° and 90°).
This application calculates the shear reinforcement ratio ρw from your inputs.