Punching shear resistance of a lightweight concrete column base without shear reinforcement, vlRd
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 188.8.131.52 (2) & 6.4.4 (2)
The punching resistance of column bases should be verified at control perimeters within 2d from the periphery of the column. The design punching shear resistance [MPa] of a lightweight concrete column base without shear reinforcement may be calculated as follows:
|vlRd = ClRd,c η1 k (100 ρl fck)1/3⋅2d/a ≥ (η1 vmin⋅2d/a)||(11.6.50)|
- is a coefficient for determining tensile strength of lightweight concrete
- is the characteristic compressive strength of lightweight concrete, see Table 11.3.1
- = 1 + √200/d ≤ 2,0
where d is the effective depth, in [mm]
- is the distance from the periphery of the column to the control perimeter considered, in [mm]
- is the reinforcement ratio for longitudinal reinforcement, ρl ≥ 0,005
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1)
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1), or the application for the calculation of vl,min following the Eurocode recommendation.
This application calculates the punching shear resistance of a column base vlRd from your inputs.