Punching shear resistance of a lightweight concrete slab without shear reinforcement, vlRd,c
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 126.96.36.199 (1) & 6.4.4 (1)
The punching shear resistance of a slab should be assessed for the basic control section (see Figure 6.12). The punching shear resistance [MPa] of a lightweight concrete slab may be calculated as follows:
|vlRd,c = ClRd,c k η1(100 ρl flck)1/3 + k2 σcp ≥ (η1 vl,min + k2 σcp)||(11.6.47)|
- is a coefficient for determining tensile strength of lightweight concrete
- is the characteristic compressive strength of lightweight concrete, see Table 11.3.1
- = 1 + √200/d ≤ 2,0
where d is the effective depth, in [mm]
- is the reinforcement ratio for longitudinal reinforcement
- = (σcy + σcz)/2,
where σcy, σcz are the normal concrete stresses in the critical section in y- and z- directions (in [MPa], positive if compression):
σcy = NEd,y / Acy and σcy = NEd,z / Acz
NEd,y, NEd,y are the longitudinal forces across the full bay for internal columns and the longitudinal force across the control section for edge columns. The force may be from a load or prestressing action.
Acy, Acz are the areas of concrete according to the definition of NEd,y, NEd,y respectively
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1)
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1), or the application for the calculation of vl,min following the Eurocode recommendation
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 188.8.131.52 (1).
This application calculates the punching shear resistance of a slab vlRd,c from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.