Lightweight concrete members not requiring design shear reinforcement: the design shear resistance VlRd,c
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 11.6.1 (1) & 6.2.2 (1)
The design shear resistance of a lightweight concrete member without shear reinforcement, VlRd,c, is given by:
|VlRd,c = [ClRd,c η1 k (100 ρl flck)1/3 + k1 σcp] bw d ≥ (η1 vl,min + k1 σcp) bw d||(11.6.2)|
- is a coefficient for determining tensile strength of lightweight concrete
- is the characteristic compressive strength of lightweight concrete, see Table 11.3.1
- is the smallest width of the cross-section in the tensile area
- is the effective depth of the cross-section
- = 1+ √200/d ≤ 2,0
- = Asl/(bwd) ≤ 0,02
- is the area of the tensile reinforcement, which extends ≥ (lbd + d) beyond the section considered, see Figure 6.3
- = NEd / Ac < 0,2flcd
- is the axial force in the cross-section due to loading or prestressing (NEd > 0 for compression). The influence of imposed deformations on NEd may be ignored
- is the area of the cross-section of concrete
- is the design compressive strength of lightweight concrete, see § 11.3.5 (1)P.
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1)
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1), or the application for the calculation of vl,min following the Eurocode recommendation
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 11.6.1 (1).
This application calculates the shear resistance VlRd,c from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.