Calculation of deflections: the shrinkage curvature 1/rcs
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 7.4.3 (6)
The shrinkage curvature may be calculated as follows:
|1/rcs = εcs αe (S/I)||(7.21)|
- is the curvature due to shrinkage
- is the free shrinkage strain
- is the first moment of area of the reinforcement about the centroid of the section
- is the second moment of area of the section
- is the effective modular ratio
αe = Es / Ec,eff
- the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4)
- the effective modulus of elasticity for concrete.
S and I should be calculated for the uncracked condition and the fully cracked condition, the final curvature being estimated by the application 7.4.3 (3).
This application calculates the shrinkage curvature 1/rcs from your inputs.