Geometric imperfections: the inclination θi
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 5.2 (5)
Imperfections may be represented by an inclination, θi, given by:
|θi = θ0⋅αh⋅αm||(5.1)|
- is the basic value, see § 5.2 (5)
- is the reduction factor for length or height: αh = 2/√l ; 2/3 ≤ αh ≤ 1
- is the reduction factor for number of members: αm = √0,5(1 + 1/m)
- is the length or height [m], see § 5.2 (6)
- is the number of vertical members contributing to the total effect, see § 5.2 (6).
This application calculates the inclination θi from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.