Longitudinal reinforcement for pure torsional moment, ΣAsl
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 6.3.2 (3)
The required cross-sectional area of the longitudinal reinforcement for torsion ΣAsl may be calculated from:
|(ΣAsl⋅fyd) /uk = (TEd⋅cotθ) /(2 Ak)||(6.28)|
- is the applied design torsion
- is the area enclosed by the centre-lines of the connecting walls, including inner hollow areas (Figure 6.11)
- is the perimeter of the area Ak
- is the design yield stress of the longitudinal reinforcement, fyd = fyk/γS,
see § 126.96.36.199 (1), § 188.8.131.52 (2) for the values of γS,
see § 3.2.2 (3)P for the uper limit of fyk,
see Figure 3.8 for the design stress-strain diagrams of the reinforcing steel.
- is the angle of compression struts, see Figure 6.5 and § 6.2.3 (2).
This application calculates the longitudinal reinforcement for torsion ΣAsl from your inputs.