Resistance of rectangular solid sections subjected to torsion and shear: the condition for minimum reinforcement
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 6.3.2 (5)
For approximately rectangular solid sections, only minimum reinforcement is required if the following condition is satisfied:
|TEd / TRd,c + VEd / VRd,c ≤ 1,0||(6.31)|
- is the design torsional moment
- is the design transverse force
- is the torsional cracking moment
TRd,c = 2 Ak tef,i fctd (6.26) while setting τt,i = fctd
- the area enclosed by the centre-lines of the connecting walls, including inner hollow areas, see Figure 6.11
- the effective wall thickness, see Figure 6.11
- the design tensile strength of concrete, see § 3.1.6 (2)P.
- is the design shear resistance of members not requiring design shear reinforcement .
This application calculates the resistance to torsion and shear from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.