Resistance of members subjected to torsion and shear
Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 6.3.2 (4)
The resistance of a member subjected to torsion and shear is limited by the capacity of the concrete struts. The following condition should be satisfied:
|TEd / TRd,max + VEd / VRd,max ≤ 1,0||(6.29)|
- is the design torsional moment
- is the design transverse force
- is the design torsional resistance moment,
TRd,max = 2 ν αcw fcd Ak tef,i sinθ cosθ (6.30)
- the strength reduction factor for concrete cracked in shear, see § 6.2.2 (6) for national choice
- see Note 3 in § 6.2.3 (3)
- the design compressive strength of concrete, see § 3.1.6 (1)P
- the area enclosed by the centre-lines of the connecting walls, including inner hollow areas, see Figure 6.11
- the effective wall thickness, see Figure 6.11
- the angle of compression struts,
see Figure 6.5 for description,
see § 6.2.3 (2) for national choice.
- is the maximum design shear resistance, according to:
• Expressions (6.9) for members with vertical shear reinforcement,
• Expressions (6.14) for members with inclined shear reinforcement.
This application calculates the resistance to torsion and shear from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.