Moment of resistance of an uncracked rectangular section in bending at the SLS, Mct,ser
Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete sections Method b6
The moment of resistance of an uncracked rectangular section in bending at the SLS is calculated according to method b6.
The parameters needed for the design are the followings:
- is the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4);
- is the effective modulus of elasticity of concrete;
- is the mean value of the tensile strength of the concrete effective at the time when the cracks may first be expected to occur:
fct,eff = fctm or lower, (fctm(t)), if cracking is expected earlier than 28 days;
- is the cross sectional area of the compression reinforcement;
- is the cross sectional area of the tensile reinforcement;
- is the width of the concrete cross-section;
- is the height of the concrete cross-section;
- is the effective depth of the concrete cross-section;
- is the distance from the external compressive concrete to the centre of gravity of the compression steel;
This application calculates the moment of resistance Mct,ser from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.