Longitudinal reinforcements of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS, Asc and As
Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete sections Method b9
The reinforcements of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS by stress limitation are calculated according to method b9.
The parameters needed for the design are the followings:
- is the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4);
- is the yield strength of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.2 (3)P;
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (5);
- Concrete class: see Table 3.1;
- is the effective modulus of elasticity of concrete;
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (2);
- is the width of the concrete cross-section;
- is the effective depth of the concrete cross-section;
- is the distance from the external compressive concrete to the centre of gravity of the compression steel;
- is the design bending moment under the characteristic combination of loads;
- Optimize As: reducing As by calculating Asc if needed.
This application calculates the reinforcements As, Asc from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.