Moment of resistance of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS by stress limitation, Mser
Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete sections Method b11
The moment of resistance of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS by stress limitation is calculated according to method b11.
The parameters needed for the design are the followings:
- is the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4);
- is the yield strength of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.2 (3)P;
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (5);
- Concrete class: see Table 3.1;
- is the effective modulus of elasticity of concrete;
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (2);
- is the width of the concrete cross-section;
- is the effective depth of the concrete cross-section;
- is the distance from the external compressive concrete to the centre of gravity of the compression steel;
- is the cross sectional area of the compression reinforcement;
- is the cross sectional area of the tensile reinforcement.
This application calculates the serviceability moment of resistance Mser from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.