Tensile reinforcement of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS with known compression reinforcement, As
Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete sections Method b10
The tensile reinforcement of a rectangular section in bending at the SLS by stress limitation, with known compression reinforcement, are calculated according to method b10.
The parameters needed for the design are the followings:
- is the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4);
- is the yield strength of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.2 (3)P;
- is the partial factor for reinforcing steel at the serviceability limit state, see § 22.214.171.124 (2);
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (5);
- Concrete class: see Table 3.1;
- is the effective modulus of elasticity of concrete;
- is a Nationally Determined Parameter, see § 7.2 (2);
- is the width of the concrete cross-section;
- is the effective depth of the concrete cross-section;
- is the distance from the external compressive concrete to the centre of gravity of the compression steel;
- is the cross sectional area of the compression reinforcement;
- is the design bending moment under the characteristic combination of loads;
The calculated reinforcement should be compared to the minimum and maximum reinforcement requirements for members (slabs, beams, foundations...). Such verification is outside scope of this application.
This application calculates the tensile reinforcement As from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.