Ultimate moment of resistance of a T-section in bending at the ULS, MRd
Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete sections Method b5
The ultimate moment of resistance of a T-section in bending at the ULS are calculated according to method b5.
The parameters needed for the design are the followings:
- Steel class: see Table C.1. The characteristic strain εuk and the ductility property k will be taken equal to their minimum values in the table;
- is the design value of the modulus of elasticity of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.7 (4);
- is the yield strength of the reinforcing steel, see § 3.2.2 (3)P;
- is the partial factor for reinforcing steel at the ultimate limit state, see § 22.214.171.124 (1);
- Steel diagram: is the design stress-strain diagram for reinforcing steel, from which the design strain limit εud and the stress in the steel will be defined. See § 3.2.7 (2) and application stress-strain for reinforcing steel;
- Coef.(εud/εuk): is chosen by National Annex, see § 3.2.7 (2);
- Concrete class: see Table 3.1;
- is the design compressive strength of concrete, see application;
- is the web width of the T-section;
- is the flange width of the T-section;
- is the flange height of the T-section;
- is the effective depth of the T-section;
- is the cross sectional area of the tensile reinforcement;
- is the cross sectional area of the compression reinforcement.
This application calculates the ultimate moment of resistance MRd from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.