Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures
Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
Section 7: Serviceability limit states (SLS)
Eurocode 2 part 1-1 gives a general basis for the design of structures in plain, reinforced and prestressed concrete made with normal and lightweight aggregates together with specific rules for buildings.
For this part, we have:
- 48 applications
- 120 NDPs with 7 National Annexes: United Kingdom - BS, Denmark - DK, France - NF, Finland - SFS, Switzerland - SN, Sweden - SS, Italy - UNI.
The applications and NDPs are accessible directly via the main menu above. You can also explore them by section through the table of contents below.
7 Serviceability limit states (SLS)
- 7.3.2 (2) Crack control: the minimum reinforcement area As,min
- 7.3.4 Calculation of crack widths wk
- 7.4.2 (2) Deflection control: the limit span/depth l/d for omitting calculations
- 7.4.3 (3) Deformation of non-fully cracked members which are subjected mainly to flexure, α
- 7.4.3 (6) Calculation of deflections: the shrinkage curvature 1/rcs
Nationally Determined Parameters (NDPs)
- 7.2 (2) Concrete compressive stress limitation at SLS: the value of k1
- 7.2 (3) Consideration of non-linear creep: the value of k2
- 7.2 (5) Tensile stress limitation in the reinforcement at SLS to avoid unacceptable cracking or deformation: the values of k3, k4 and k5
- 7.3.1 (5) Limiting value wmax for the calculated crack width
- 7.3.2 (4) No required minimum reinforcement in prestressed members: the limiting tensile stress in the concrete σct,p
- 7.3.4 (3) Maximum crack spacing in the calculation of crack width: the values of k3 and k4
- 7.4.2 (2) Limit span/depth ratio for omitting the deflection calculations: the structural system factor K